Saturday, August 24, 2013

THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN ANYTHING OUT OF YOUR CARPET!!!



     As I may have mention in an earlier post, my husband and I are in the process of moving out of our tiny one bedroom apartment and into a home about 4 times as big. (yay!)

     However, after two years of living in this place, I need to do a DEEP cleaning on it, starting with the carpets. See, When I decided to get a puppy I didn't realize that they WILL have accidents on to floor regardless of how often you take them out, ESPECIALLY if they are a small breed dog. Even after cleaning up the mess, I still away felt as though my carpet would never be as clean as it was again. Let me tell ya... I have tried EVERYTHING. Vinegar, Windex, laundry detergent, carpet cleaning solution, plain ol hot water, you name it, i've probably tried it on my carpet. I always ended up disappointed when the 2 peepee stains and 2 coffee spill stains seemed to linger.

     My husband was on the phone with his father one night and was telling him how obsessed I am with using my carpet cleaner because I was never fully satisfied with the results. My FIL then told him I should try using mens shaving cream on the spots. Yes, you read that correctly. Mens shaving cream. Apparently it takes all of the oils that trap dirt, stink, and stains inside the carpet So, I ran up to the store and bought a can of $1 generic brand shaving cream.

I squirted that stuff all over the stains and smeared it in.

Waited 15 minutes.

Ran my carpet cleaner over it.

And then I admired the fact the stains were gone. There was no evidence of them anywhere.

AND THEN!!!

I was so pleased with the results I went kinda sorta crazy. By crazy, I mean I squirted shaving cream all over my living room floor and smeared in all in, and then went over it again with my carpet cleaner. (if you use your carpet cleaner, make sure you empty the take more often since the shaving cream is so thick.) The carpets look brand new, and smell so fresh. I'm a happy camper now. :)








No comments:

Post a Comment