Friday, August 23, 2013

Almost TOO easy chevron striped crochet baby blanket!




     This is absolutely one of my favorite gifts to make for a baby shower, although it consists of single crochets, it works up easily, and as the title of this post says... Almost TOO easy. 


There are a couple of different yarns I like to use when I make this. One is Loops & Threads Impeccable ™. It is an acrylic yarn, but is much softer than the typical acrylic. You will need a 5mm or H hook if you choose to use this. The second yarn I like to use when making this is Caron Simply Soft ®. However, I do not use the 5mm/H hook as the label recommends. I use a 4.25mm/G hook for this. Here are pictures of both types of yarn to help you choose which to use. :)


*Note* I have noticed when using the latter of the two yarns the completion of the project takes slightly longer.


Excuse the crappy cell phone pics. We are in the process of moving out of our teensy one bedroom apartment and my camera is packed away along with the rest of fun stuff!





Loops & Threads Impeccable


5mm H hook! 


Simply Soft 


My 4.25 G hook

 For a baby blanket, chain 151 stitches.

Starting in the second chain from the hook, *single crochet in the next 10 stitches. In the 11th stitch, do 3 single crochets.

                                          Here is your second chain from the hook.
Here areyour 3 single crochets in the 11th stitch.

Now, Single crochet in the next 11 stitches, and then SKIP 2 stitches.

Here are the two stitches you need to skip.

Repeat from * until you have reached the end of the chain. Then, Chain 1 stitch, turn your work, and begin from * again. 

Hope you found this helpful!






4 comments:

  1. I've just finished this pattern! Thanks so much it's beautiful! Did you put any kind of border on it? I tend to crochet tighter stitches I think, but the sides are wanting to roll up? Thought maybe a border would help...may flatten after blocking it. Thanks again! Chevron patterns are so popular right now. Katina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I get extra stitches in my rows? What could I be doing wrong? Please help

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for such a simple pattern and thank you for such a great tutorial! I'm so excited to make this blanket for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many skeins of yarn did you need?

    ReplyDelete